Underground Storage Tank (UST) Closure/Removal
Over the past 19 years Northstar Environmental has established an exceptional reputation for safe, efficient and cost-effective UST management. We have experienced professionals licensed by the NJDEP for Underground Storage Tank (UST) closure and sub-surface evaluation. Our extensive experience with various remedial technologies and thorough working knowledge of federal and NJDEP regulations allow us to achieve environmental compliance quickly and economically, while minimizing disruption to your business or home.
Underground Storage Tank Removal Includes:
- Removal and proper disposal of liquid waste from the tank
- Cleaning the tank interior and monitoring the lower explosive level (LEL) of tank and surrounding areas before removal.
- Excavation and removal of subsurface structure
- Proper manifesting of disposed waste
- Collection of soil samples from excavation and associated piping
- Backfilling with compaction
- Filing appropriate reports to local and state agencies